A small charityhas a bigimpact.
We are registered federally as a Charitable Foundation. We have got CRA no :706146404RR0001
We all know that Earth is the only planet that has life on it. As of now, it is clear that this planet has been a gift for us humans and other living things that have all the facilities we need, naturally. From air to water to food, everything is provided to us by Earth and thus we call it Mother Earth.
From the earliest hunting age to the current technological age, man has had a definite impact on the environment. He had been exploiting natural resources to achieve economic growth. Without plans to replenish them, it has caused serious damage to Earth such as global warming, biodiversity loss, plastic pollution, air pollution, deforestation etc.
To reduce some of these wrongdoings of Mankind, ‘NWST Charitable Foundation’ is born. Our goal is to plant as many trees as possible around Canada first and later on, around the rest of the World.
Each One ,
Why Plant Trees?
- . 31% of the earth’s surface is covered by forests, approximately 4.06 billion hectares
- Over 420 million hectares of forest have been lost since 1990.
- Between 1990-2010 an average of 15.5 million hectares of forest were destroyed every year.
- 2,400 trees are cut down each minute
- 25.8 million hectares of forest were lost in 2020, double the amount of forested land lost in 2001.
- Tropical deforestation contributes about 20% of annual global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- Deforestation causes approximately $2 trillion to $4.5 trillion in lost biodiversity each year.
- 137 different species of plants, animals, and birds are lost every single day due to global forest loss.
- Approximately 1,400 tree species are currently listed as critically endangered.
- 90 percent of people who live in extreme poverty depend on forests for their survival.
- By 2030, there may be only 10% of the world’s rainforests left.
- At our current rate, all rainforests will be gone in 77 years.
Forests are essential for life on earth. Three hundred million people worldwide live in forests and 1.6 billion depend on them for their livelihoods. Forests also provide habitat for a vast array of plants and animals, many of which are still undiscovered.
© 2022 New World Sustainable Technologies